Vendor Terms and Conditions
(1) Ideasbeams Shop owns and operates a platform in that allows sellers to sell their products to the public over the internet. This platform is currently provided on the website www.ideasbeams.com/shop
(2) The sellers will have the opportunity to sell their products on the Ideasbeams Shop platform. Ideasbeams Shop is entitled to accept purchases on behalf of the seller. The service provided by Ideasbeams Shop is limited to referring customers to the sellers and accepting orders and payments on their behalf. In addition to this at Ideasbeams Shop’s discretion they may provide the sellers with analytics about the performance of the seller’s products and additional marketing support. This support may be reflective of the agreed level of commission and price (3) The sellers authorises Ideasbeams Shop to accept binding orders from customers on their behalf. (4) Ideasbeams Shop may carry out changes to the website or service, or suspend the service, without notice.
3. Seller’s rights and obligations (1) The seller is obliged to provide all the information necessary when listing a product on Ideasbeams Shop.com.ng. This should include but is not limited to, a detailed title and sub-title, price, quantity, picture and description. The seller must never knowingly deceive a potential customer by misrepresenting their product/s. The seller must notify Ideasbeams Shop of any changes to the detail of their listings while uploaded on the site. (2) The seller guarantees that information listed on Ideasbeams Shop relating to his products satisfies all legal requirements, and in particular satisfies information requirements for consumer protection. (3) The seller will be responsible for keeping an up-to-date inventory of all their products listed on Ideasbeams Shop. (4) The seller guarantees that the information provided by him does not violate any third party’s copyright. (5) The seller will contact the customers no more than is necessary for processing the transactions referred by Ideasbeams Shop. In particular, the seller will not send any advertising email or other commercial advertisements to the customer without prior agreement from Ideasbeams Shop or the expressed wish of the customer. When delivering products sold via Ideasbeams Shop, the seller will not advertise any of Ideasbeams Shop’s competitors. (6) The seller will process orders and arrange delivery with all reasonable care the moment receipt of confirmation of sale is received through the Ideasbeams Shop site via email and/or text message. The delivery options and time indicated on their listing is binding, orders should be fulfilled within 2 working days. The seller is required to keep his advertised products and services available to the best of his ability. Repeated stock-outs will result in the removal of the seller and all their products from the Ideasbeams Shop platform. (7) If the seller cannot fulfill an order submitted to him, he must notify Ideasbeams Shop as soon as possible, and within 1 day of receiving the order at the latest. (8) The seller agrees to adhere to his range of products and prices as provided to Ideasbeams Shop and as described on their listing on the website. The seller guarantees that there are no ongoing criminal, bankruptcy or tax proceedings or other penalties outstanding in relation to the products they are selling through the platform. The seller further guarantees to take great care to keep up-to- date his range of products, stock count, prices and associated terms and conditions, like delivery fees. (9) The seller representative is to provide Ideasbeams Shop with a copy of his/her valid Identity Card at the contract signature.
4. Commission (1) The seller agrees to pay Ideasbeams Shop a fixed percentage commission on the gross revenue from their sales made through the Ideasbeams Shop platform. Depending on the category it may be appropriate to agree different commission percentages for certain items or product categories. (2) Ideasbeams Shop may start charging additional fees for the sale of goods through the Ideasbeams Shop platform at any point. These may include but are not limited to, listing fees, multiple photos fees and enhanced marketing fees. In the event of the introduction of further fees, the seller will be notified prior to their commencement in writing and they will have the option to opt out. (3) Ideasbeams Shop reserves the right to adjust the percentage commission, providing suitable notice is served in advance to the seller. Ideasbeams Shop will give the seller adequate notice of any commission changes, in writing. This does not cover adjustments that constitute a material change of the contract terms, which would require an additional agreement on the change.
5. Customer online payment (1) In case of electronic payment by the customer (e.g. by credit card, debit card, or Wireless online Transfer), Ideasbeams Shop collects the payment for the relevant order in Ideasbeams Shop’s name on behalf of the seller, and pays it out to the seller according to the invoicing agreement. (2) The seller will keep receipts of deliveries to customers for at least 13 months and make those available on request. In case of problems that may cause the order to be rescinded, or in case of a delivery failure, the seller must immediately notify Ideasbeams Shop by phone so that the credit card payment may be cancelled. (3) The seller bears the risk of abuse of the payment medium (e.g. of credit card or debit card fraud). If a fraudulent payment has been credited to the seller, Ideasbeams Shop reserves the right to correct the amount the seller is invoiced to offset this payment.
6. Invoicing and seller payment (1) Ideasbeams Shop’s invoices may be delivered by email, online, fax, post or in person. They include Ideasbeams Shop’s claims on the seller, commission, and, if applicable, other fees as stated in §4 (2). (2) Ideasbeams Shop is to send a monthly statement of confirmed orders to the Supplier by the 10th of each month after which the supplier will have 5 days for verification and commission settlement. (3) The seller is to pay commission to Ideasbeams Shop by the 5th day of receiving the monthly statement unless there are disputes/clarifications needed which have to be conveyed to Ideasbeams Shop in writing within the allocated 5 days. (4) In case the supplier receives the payment of sold products/services on www.ideasbeams.com/shop. directly, supplier is bound to pay the agreed commission to Ideasbeams Shop in 5 days of receiving statement each month. (5) Payments would be made by bank transfer or cross cheque payable to Ideasbeams International.
7. Liability (1) The seller indemnifies Ideasbeams Shop from all claims arising in relation to matters outside Ideasbeams Shop’s control, including but not limited to the quality of goods and services provided by the seller. The seller further indemnifies Ideasbeams Shop from third parties’ claims resulting from any violation of laws and regulations by the seller. (2) Ideasbeams Shop cannot guarantee that its service will be free from all malfunctions, but will exercise all reasonable care and skill to resolve any such case. (3) VAT liability rests with the seller and Ideasbeams Shop will not be responsible for any VAT issues.
8. Privacy Both parties are obliged to treat confidentially the content of this agreement, as well as all other information and data they acquire in connection with the partnership, and not use it for purposes outside the scope of this contract or pass it on to third parties. This obligation is in force for 1 year after the termination of the contract. Both parties are obliged to follow privacy laws and handle accordingly all data related to customers, suppliers and business partners.
9. Licence (1) Ideasbeams Shop has the right to freely maintain the seller’s listing and its ranking on the website. Ideasbeams Shop offers customers the opportunity to give ratings and reviews of the seller’s goods and services on the website, and has the right but not the obligation to publish these online and make them visible to all customers. Ideasbeams Shop reserves the right to delete ratings and reviews. (2) Ideasbeams Shop may scan, transcribe, and publish online the seller’s listings, logos and other materials required. The seller grants to Ideasbeams Shop a royalty- free, perpetual, unrestricted licence to use and distribute any materials provided by him, for the purpose of advertising Ideasbeams Shop’s service. In particular, this includes use in Google AdWords campaigns, domain name registrations and other online marketing and search engine optimization measures.
10. Terms and termination (1) This agreement is valid as soon as the seller signs the contract, or fulfils an order referred by Ideasbeams Shop, and remains valid indefinitely, until termination by either party. Termination can occur at any time, with a period of notice of one month, in writing, by email, post or fax. The revenues generated during this notice period are still subject to the partnership agreement. The right to immediate termination by either party for important cause remains unaffected. (2) The right to immediate termination in particular covers the case where the seller repeatedly receives negative ratings and reviews on the website, and when these are not obviously unjustified. Repeatedly providing misleading information or withholding information required to present the seller’s items is also grounds for immediate termination. Typos, mistakes and transmission errors are excluded from this, as long as they are not caused with intent or by gross negligence.
11. General (1) If a single clause in this agreement is invalid, both parties will endeavor to replace the invalid clause by a valid one that reproduces as closely as possible the intended economic meaning of the invalid clause. The validity of the rest of the agreement remains unaffected. This applies in particular if the agreement is found to be incomplete. (2) Ideasbeams Shop reserves the right to modify his general terms and conditions without giving any justification. In that case, Ideasbeams Shop will give the seller adequate notice via email. The notice will contain advice on the right and period of objection to the changes, and on the consequences of leaving unexercised the right to object. (3) The changed terms and conditions are considered agreed by the seller if he does not object to them in writing within 2 weeks of receiving notice of the changes.
(4) Any terms and conditions of the seller are not part of this agreement unless Ideasbeams Shop expressly agrees to adhere to them in writing.